[Neos] Neos JavaScript Refactoring Work RFC

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at ttree.ch
Sat Aug 16 11:52:06 CEST 2014

HI, just my two cents on conflict and merging during the publishing process.

We use Prismic IO for different projects where we need a Content Repository as a Service (yes I promise that when TYPO3CR have a proper rest api to come back home).

Prismic IO has really nice editor interface, with history, rollback,  team workspace (they call it content release), … But when you publish … you trash everything, not merging, no warning, no conflict management. So having that in Neos can be awesome, But this is a hugely complex task I think. First having a proper CQRS based versioning, undoing, ... and in a second step working on some merging or more advanced tools for helping the editor case.

Based on our current projects, except the stability, one feature that we need is shared workspace. Many client can work on their personal workspace, but many time they need a peer review before publishing. So publishing directly to Live is not an option. They need a « Boss/Reviewer Worspace » to push to at let the boss validated the content. That’s nasty because writing content in neos is so cool, but team review is so … impossible before pushing to live. So people are back to Word for writing and validating content.

++

Dominique Feyer