[Neos] [Team] Neos 1.2 / Flow 2.3 Feature Freeze

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Aug 12 08:21:33 CEST 2014

Hey everybody,

> To me it's important that we don't fix / announce release dates, but we do announce feature freeze dates (to developers). This is a big difference. You may or may not tag a first beta on the day of feature freeze, so if you don't feel comfortable releasing the beta 1 then really, feel free to schedule it so that everything is good enough for a beta.
I totally agree to Robert here. And to me it sounds you both have a
similar idea, just with the difference that Robert would not move the
feature freeze date, and Aske would like to move the first beta to a
later point in time.

> My point is that we must, at some point, stop producing new features for a specific release. Considering your email, I propose that you, as the release manager, create a list of features which have not been merged yet and must go into 1.2. Based on that list let's have a quick vote here to see if the team generally agrees. And then we must not add more features.
+2 to this idea!

> we should branch out when we release beta 1 - that doesn't need to happen at the same time with a feature freeze.
I think that's the main point for me.

So  my vote would be:
- do not move the feature freeze date
- make sure we all get into "release mode" pretty much "now"
- wait with the first beta version + branch until we are comfortable;
which is probably a few weeks after feature freeze
- for deciding on when to do the beta, use this "list" robert talked
about (could also be labels in jira etc)

Greets, Sebastian

More information about the Neos mailing list