[Neos] Installing NEOS on LAMPP

Nicolas Forgerit hello at nicolasforgerit.com
Tue Aug 5 18:45:26 CEST 2014

Hi Martin,

> On 05 Aug 2014, at 17:24, Martin <martinstockffm at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> "ls -al /opt/lampp/htdocs/neos" is saying:
>
> insgesamt 1008
> drwxr-xr-x 9 root root    4096 Aug  3 20:44 TYPO3-Neos
>
> "ls -al /opt/lampp/" says:
>
> insgesamt 10132
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root     15201 Jul 22  2013 xampp

Okay, you seem to have installed your XAMPP environment as root and Apache itself runs as a different user (_www, www-data, apache, _apache, …, there are tons of versions). As i don’t have any clue of XAMPP and think it is pretty useless if you’re already running Linux Mint. You would rather install it as separate packages that nicely fit together. Please consider this tutorial for Linux Mint [0], then, at least for me, we can help you better.

Call back if you completed the tutorial at [0]. Asides of that, please read [1] to get a basic understanding of Unix File Permissions. You’ll need this for the rest of your life! ;)

By the way: After running the command "chmod 777” which i mentioned in previous mail, Neos should be working with XAMPP. Does it?

All the best,
  Nico

[0] http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/486
[1] http://www.perlfect.com/articles/chmod.shtml