[Neos] Installing NEOS on LAMPP

Nicolas Forgerit hello at nicolasforgerit.com
Tue Aug 5 11:32:09 CEST 2014

Hi!

> On 04 Aug 2014, at 19:13, Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) <simonschaufi at guugelmail.de> wrote:
>
> this is basic linux knowledge. Ask google ;)

Simon, even your Jesus would call you a jerk on that. The TYPO3 Community is very open and always tries hard to bring Newcomers a warm feeling. Not being religious at all, these are values i share and respect. This is one of the reasons why i like TYPO3. You are undermining those values within a glimpse of an eye by making such a stupid comment. You yourself would be absolutely nothing without the help and especially the patience of others, there’s no room for such a hubris.

>> On 04 Aug 2014, at 18:18, Martin <martinstockffm at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I have done it.
>>
>> I think the file permissions are wrong. How can I change them?
Martin, for the sake of terseness and to get you quickly up and running with your real intention of fiddling around with TYPO3, just type
	chmod -R 777 /opt/lampp/htdocs/neos
and it should be working immediately.

*Disclaimer*: You should absolutely *not* do that on production systems as this lowers security of your system. This is just for the purpose of getting you locally up and running. You really need to learn how to do those things, not just for TYPO3 but for every project concerning (web) development. (It’s fun!)

In the long run you would need to change the file’s owner using the `chown` command. Actually, Flow’s setfilepermission script already does that but i’d wildly guess that you fed it with the wrong parameters, especially the wrong webserver owner. Mostly this would be something like ‘_www’, ‘www’ or (as it is in debian and ubuntu) ‘www-data’. Can you please post the system’s output of the following (separate) commands?
	ls -al /opt/lampp/htdocs/neos
	ls -al /opt/lampp/

Merci bien! :)

  Nico