[Neos] Local Git versioning of a NEOS project

Pankaj Lele pankaj at lelesys.com
Tue Apr 15 16:37:18 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian,

The best way is to fully use composer. Make version control of your own
packages only.
With TYPO3 Flow or TYPO3 Neos project you can create 2 or more GIT
repositories inside your own GIT server. 1 repository which contains
your base composer.json manifest and global Configuration files like
Routes.yaml etc. Then another GIT repository/ies for packages you will
develop. these package repositories will have their own composer.json
manifest. so create composer.json in each package repository and push
it.
Now in base repository's composer.json add each of your pacakge
repository URL in the "repositories" section. In the "require" section
add the package keys of your own packages.
After you run "composer update" your packages will be installed in
Packages/Application or Packages/Sites as per your package type.

So when you want to get your project cloned, simply clone the base
repository and run composer update in it to get everything else
installed.

--
Pankaj Lele
CTO - Lelesys, India