[Neos] reloadIfChanged reloads whole page

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Sun Sep 8 19:30:48 CEST 2013

Hi everyone

The documentation says the following about the reloadIfChanged property:
"If TRUE, the whole content element needs to be re-rendered on the
server side if the value changes."

In my own YouTube and Soundcloud content elements, I also use this
property. But whenever I apply changes to such a property, the whole
page (not the content element) is reloaded.

Is this a bug or is it not possible otherwise?

Also, I notice that the UI isn't frozen before the reload happened. So I
continue working (by adding new content etc.) and after a second or two
the whole page is reloaded.

A little bit off-topic but still content related: Can someone reproduce
the following problem:

In Firefox (in my case Firefox 17 ESR), when I right-click an input
field in the Inspector of a content element (e.g. to insert something
from the clipboard), the Inspector changes to the parent element (e.g.
the Page). So copy and paste isn't possible without using shortcuts.

Thanks and best regards,

Lorenz