[Neos] How to select different page templates

Nick nick at jamalade.com
Sat Sep 7 16:05:06 CEST 2013

Hi

I am a neewbie to using Neos, so please forgive me for my questions, but have been following its progress from afar for a while now.
I have been thinking/toying with the idea of using Neos for a new project.
With that in mind I have been playing around with the demo site as per release alpha 5.

First up I am a little confused as to how to get the homepage to display a different view (fluid template) from another page on a site.

I can see in the NeosDemoTypo3Org site that there are a couple of typoscript files one for the homepage and a default one one for the rest of the site:

~/TYPO3-Neos-1.0-alpha5/Packages/Sites/TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Resources/Private/TypoScripts/Nodes/Homepage/Home.ts2
this defines the page.body.templatePath = 'resource://TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Private/Templates/Page/Home.html

Looking at the fluid template pointed to here, I can see that on the home page the "teaser" content should be displayed above the "main" content

The default can be found in :
~/TYPO3-Neos-1.0-alpha5/Packages/Sites/TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Resources/Private/TypoScripts/Library/Root.ts2
this defines the page.body.templatePath = 'resource://TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Private/Templates/Page/Default.html

In this fluid template the teaser isn't rendered.

However when I actually go to the home page i.e. http://neos.demo/ I can see that the Default.html  is rendered not the Home.html fluid template.

I am wondering how then you actually select the Home.html template for the home page, if not with the typoscript files as above?

This would be an essential feature for me as for the project I am working on there are several different page templates required for different parts of the site.

Many thanks in advance

Nikos