[Neos] Internal link handling: current status

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Oct 31 14:02:16 CET 2013

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> automatic redirects are not yet merged, but the core feature has been
> merged by Karsten.

Great, thanks for the reviews and the update!
Is there any specific reason (apart from missing resources) that the
redirection functionality hasn't been merged yet?
Is there anything I can do to increase the chance of "[FEATURE]
Configurable Redirects"[1] and "[FEATURE] Automatic redirects for
modified nodes"[2] to be merged?

The latter one could be split-up into smaller chunks and the feature
should be configurable. But we need that as soon as Neos routes are
cachable (which is one effect of this patch) because otherwise a link to
a moved node will always point to a wrong URL until the routing cache
has been flushed.

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24223/
[2] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24873/

--