[Neos] Installation database error

Steven van Rosendaal steven at maxserv.nl
Thu Oct 10 13:04:09 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup a TYPO3 Neos website, but the installation keeps aborting after a database error after the database installation step.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1355480641: Uncaught Exception

An exception occurred while executing 'RENAME TABLE party_abstractparty
TO typo3_party_domain_model_abstractparty':

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table
'typo3_party_domain_model_abstractparty' already exists

More Information
Exception code #0
File /var/www/TYPO3-Neos-1.0-alpha5/Packages/Libraries/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php line 47

I expected that it had something to do with foreign keys, but altering the database with ./flow doctrine:update --insafe-mode resulted in the same error.

This is my first time working with TYPO3 so i am far from expert, but every single step up until now has resulted in errors i had to solve. Is that normal or is the documentation outdated? Anyway i am feeling i am running into more trouble than necessary, with a scarse amount of usefull results on google. It is presented as easy to use, however i find that hard to believe. Do you have any suggestions regarding my error, or preventing errors in the future? Thank you for your time.