[Neos] navigation title and navigation label

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 02:48:24 CET 2013

Hey Guys,

I just started playing around for a new project and wanted to add menu
navigation labels and titles. Inside of NodeTypes.yaml I added to
TYPO3.Neos:Document "Navigation Label" "Navigation Title" to extend the
functionality.

I looked now how to receive the correct properties inside of the menu.
Inside of MenuImplementation.php I found following:

$item = array(
'label' => $currentNode->getProperty('title'),
'node' => $currentNode,
'state' => self::STATE_NORMAL
);

What is the recommended of choosing now property navigationLabel instead
of title? I tried to <f:debug>{item.node}</f:debug> but it was for me
not clear how to read the output.

Thanks,

Dominic