[Neos] AbstractViewHelper bug

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Nov 18 11:35:12 CET 2013

Rens Admiraal wrote:

Hi Rens,

> I've a quesiton. When I updated my site to current Neos master it broke
> with the following error [...]

> What do you think of https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25454/ ?

As you wrote, this fixes the symptom rather than the actual cause and it
might be error prone to relax error checking there.

The issue is (most probably) caused by an outdated Fluid cache. That
gets flushed whenever a template was changed, but it's not if only the
PHP code of a used ViewHelper was modified.
We should probably fix that instead.

Besides, you raise another good point: When updating the cache should
always be flushed – we should add that to the release notes, or (if
easily doable) do that automatically.
We had some other reports that suggest an invalid cache.

--
Bastian Waidelich