[Neos] [Team] Compiling compass/sass styles

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Nov 15 11:34:15 CET 2013

Aske Ertmann wrote:

Hi Aske,

> If you're experiencing any problems with compiling the styles which worked perfectly fine before, then you're probably having the same issue I did.
> "NameError on line 1 of /Packages/Application/TYPO3.Neos/Resources/Private/Styles/config.rb: uninitialized constant Compass::Configuration::Serialization::Encoding"

Thanks for the heads-up - I just had this issue when trying to compile
the sass files.

> So currently there are three options:
>
> 1. Remove encoding configuration as make those fix their environment
>
> 2. Keep as is, require people to update to ruby 1.9
>
> 3. Add workaround for old ruby versions
> if RUBY_VERSION =~ /1.9/

I'm also in for 3!

Just gave it a try and replaced

Encoding.default_external = Encoding::UTF_8
Encoding.default_internal = Encoding::UTF_8

by

if RUBY_VERSION =~ /1.9/
	Encoding.default_external = Encoding::UTF_8
	Encoding.default_internal = Encoding::UTF_8
end

and that solved the issue for me (no time for updates ;)

--
Bastian Waidelich
--

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!