[Neos] Re: Problem with demo site carousel

Nick Poaros nick at jamalade.com
Wed Nov 6 14:51:56 CET 2013

Hi all

I hope this follow up helps.
I had a look at the noes database and discovered that after a (fresh)  install and setup there is an "unstructured" element in " typo3_typo3cr_domain_model_nodedata" table as one of the carousels child nodes.
Deleting this removes the error and then page is rendered correctly. I am not sure why the unstructured element exists though.

As a side note when adding a new image to the carousel (so that there are 2) an exception is raised :

Failed to render element
default<TYPO3.Neos:Page>/
body<TYPO3.TypoScript:Template>/
content/
main<TYPO3.Neos:PrimaryContent>/
default<TYPO3.TypoScript:Matcher>/
element<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCollection>/
itemRenderer<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCase>/
default<TYPO3.TypoScript:Matcher>/
element<TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org:Carousel>/
carouselItems<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCollection>/
itemRenderer<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCase>/
default<TYPO3.TypoScript:Matcher>/
element<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCollection>/
itemRenderer<TYPO3.Neos:ContentCase>/
default<TYPO3.TypoScript:Matcher>/
element<TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:Image>
$subject must be an object or array, NULL given.

However you can still select an image with the media component, then all is ok. Adding a third image does not cause an exception.

I hope this helps out is some small way.

Nick