[Neos] Neos STATUS UPDATE: Road to Beta1

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 5 20:07:51 CET 2013

Hey Bastian,

>>    * Link Handling automatic redirects (only part missing) !! Please
>> help
>>      to get this in soon:
>> https://review.typo3.org/#/q/topic:link-support,n,z
>
> Just to avoid confusion: The change relies on the "configurable
> redirects" Flow feature that is not yet merged:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29972
>
> Also, this still needs some styling fixes still. The Aloha overlay is
> almost not visible and it's z-index is too low (see [1]).
>
> I found out, that the rendering of nodes with "node://" URIs leads to
> a blank page on launchr[2]. But this might be related to
> https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25118/ which has been merged after the
> alpha7 release.

I'd suggest that you ping people more proactively to review this. I know
Rens f.e. has some time in the next days, etc. If nobody reviews this,
set an ultimatum like: "You'll merge this on Saturday if no feedback by
then". Please keep pushing to get this in :-)

>>    * Aloha Link plugin appears when just focussing into a text --> does
>>      somebody know how to reproduce this?
>
> What do you mean by "Aloha Link plugin", the type-ahead overlay? That
> only happens to me if the clicked text is a link.
Yeah. For Christopher that happened also when just clicking texts, for
me it also works, so I can't reproduce it anymore. @Christopher: Is that
still relevant?

> Let me just list them here as basis for prioritization:
THX, awesome!

> * "Revise Neos Routes": http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53347 (changeset
> in progress)
Wouldn't be a show-stopper for me, although if it goes in, it's of
course nice.

> TYPO3.TYPO3CR:
>
> * "Replace magic __call method in NodeType":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53335 (under review)
I don't have any hard feelings about that, although I like the magic
methods as they are just fine. Quite some other frameworks like grails
also do that.

They even have methods like: "findOneByFooAndBar($fooValue, $barValue)"
etc and I think it's quite powerful.

So no blocker for me I'd say. If that gets merged, please change all
occurences of this one as well.

> * "Cleanup ContentRepository API": http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53257
> (changeset in progress)
Important, but purely internal, so I think no blocker for the beta. But
keep pushing!

> * "HTTP components for handling requests":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/52064 (under review)
Added to list of "bonus" tasks under review. Would be very very nice to
get that in.

> * "More flexible parsing of body arguments":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/45293 (under review)
>
> * "Routes should urldecode their parts":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/46449 (under review)
Please also push these ones harder and e.g. push Rens to review them :)

> TYPO3.Fluid:
>
> * "Setting a value always resets the field on mapping errors":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/34186 (under review as WIP)
>
> * "Throw exception for unresolved namespaces":
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53059 (under review as basic WIP)
Nice, but definitely no blockers for beta.

Greets, Sebastian