[Neos] Re: Styles folder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Thu May 23 15:01:55 CEST 2013

Quote: Aske Ertmann wrote on Tue, 21 May 2013 15:15
> Regarding the "Scripts", I don't mind if it either "Scripts" or "JavaScript". I would say if you have more than one kind of scripts (in Private/Public) you should be more specific, but we don't have that for Neos currently. Using "Scripts" would be consistent with the guidelines, however it could become an issue later on.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) +1/-1 for sticking with "Styles"?
> 2) +1 for "Scripts" or "JavaScript"?

+1 Styles
?? Scripts

JavaScript, EcmaScript, and CoffeeScript (and possibly ActionScript) all fit within "Scripts"
But Bash Script, Shell Script, and AppleScript do not fit. Perl, Python, and PHP ( could also be considered kinds of scripts. But does it matter? Is "Scripts" clear enough that we're talking about JavaScript and related technologies?

TYPO3.Flow has a Scripts folder(at the same level as Resources) that contains setfilepermissions.sh, migrate.php, and other utilitarian "scripts". This Scripts folder could even have some JavaScript that is supposed to be run by NodeJS. So, by convention two different things have the same name: /Scripts and /Resources/*/Scripts -- Is that a problem? Do we need to be more clear?

https://git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.FLOW3.git/tree/HEAD:/Scripts