[Neos] FYI: Work Package added: TypoScript consistency
aske at moc.net
Mon May 20 23:05:01 CEST 2013
Another FYI that might also find interesting, we discussed improvement of the selectors in TypoScript making it easier to select the nodes you desire. We came up with three additions which will make this task easier:
* Add "Find" FlowQuery operation http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48278
- Will make it easier to find child nodes across levels like the jQuery selector (all subpages with some property)
* Put site root node into Eel context http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48276
- Will make it easier to select the first level of nodes (e.g. menus)
* Add Eel expression support for node identifiers http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48280
- Will make it easier to select specific nodes independent of their node name
Some of these changes are already implemented and ready for review so expect to find them available soon.
If you have other scenarios you still don't see an good way to solve without creating custom FlowQuery filters for, please let us know. Currently I know of selecting a specific node level, but that should already be possible.
On May 17, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Sebastian Kurfürst <sebastian at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
> on our code sprint, we (Christopher, Aske, Rens, Christian, Robert,
> Karsten, myself and a lot of people I forgot) have discussed some
> streamlining of TypoScript, with the following bigger changes:
> * remove per-node TypoScript loading from the file system; instead
> make TypoScript only globally available per site
> * make TypoScript objects, simple values, and eel expressions
> * remove processors and replace them with eel expressions and
> TypoScript objects.
> The full details can be found at http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48275 --
> and we'll work on doing the changes in the upcoming weeks.
> Neos mailing list
> Neos at lists.typo3.org
More information about the Neos