[Neos] FYI: Work Package added: TypoScript consistency

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Mon May 20 23:05:01 CEST 2013

Hello

Another FYI that might also find interesting, we discussed improvement of the selectors in TypoScript making it easier to select the nodes you desire. We came up with three additions which will make this task easier:

* Add "Find" FlowQuery operation http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48278
  - Will make it easier to find child nodes across levels like the jQuery selector (all subpages with some property)

* Put site root node into Eel context http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48276
  - Will make it easier to select the first level of nodes (e.g. menus)

* Add Eel expression support for node identifiers http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48280
  - Will make it easier to select specific nodes independent of their node name

Some of these changes are already implemented and ready for review so expect to find them available soon.

If you have other scenarios you still don't see an good way to solve without creating custom FlowQuery filters for, please let us know. Currently I know of selecting a specific node level, but that should already be possible.

Aske