[Neos] WCM in 2017

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Jun 22 18:39:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 22-6-2013 12:54, Rasmus Skjoldan wrote:
> What's making me sleepless at the moment is, again, how to connect
> relationship-building to a UI - without being too authoritative in
> regard to what process to use?

Are there any standards emerging for expressing relationships? It would
be a nice thing to be able to import those relationship qualifications
somehow.

There is indeed a demand on many fronts to register various
relationships. For example: register who (a be user) is responsible for
mantaining a page and show him/her in the intranet when his/her pages
were last modified and which need to be checked. This goes beyond the
name and email address of the author of a page we have now.

The TYPO3 CMS core already has the option to attach categories to any
table and triple connections, but we had the s.c.o.t.t.y [1] project a
while ago that would add a lot more possibilities for relationships.
Maybe it's time to get some live into that project and include the stuff
in the core?
Still, we should have a look at how standards can be implemented to make
connections with other systems possible.

> The question from our (future) users that I would like to answer is:
> Where should I plan and execute my digital relationships to my
> costumers? The CRM is too disconnected in most cases with the
> end-user touchpoints. The CMS is already staging the touchpoints and
> delivering the message.

This probably touches a few areas. First of all you want to share a
customer between systems. There could be a SSO or a central
authentication source (without SSO).
Maybe you want to register information in multiple systems. Forms and
shop actions need to be communicated to the CRM. I'm not sure in which
way the core can help with this.

[1] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-scotty

--
Jigal van Hemert