[Neos] Forming a client follow-group for Neos

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Jun 14 21:59:44 CEST 2013

Hi.

On 13.06.2013 11:54 Christopher Hlubek wrote:
> from my experience the scenarios have to be written very precisely and have to use a common vocabulary (which doesn't have to be technical!) to not pollute the feature context (the translation between textual representation and the actual test logic).

That's exactly what I had in mind.

I got in contact with Markus Goldbeck who was holding session about BDD
with Neos at t3cs13. What I have seen so far had a rather technical
focus (behat used for functional testing with rather technical language
in scenarios). This is absolutely fine with me, although I prefer to
focus on the BDD process of phrasing/analyzing requirements from the
stakeholders point of view using a domain specific language.

> I see the client follow-group input more as higher level epics that could produce scenarios / user stories in the end.

Hopefully, someone in this group already is aware of (or even in love
with) BDD. However, if we'd have feature narratives, this would help a
lot to communicate existing features to our clients and to get us into a
feedback loop.

Two days ago, I held a tiny introduction to BDD with Behat/Mink at
devsmeetup in Freiburg. We had a nice discussion afterwards and the main
question in our discussion was how to involve the stakeholders in the
process of phrasing narratives. So far I have no formula for that and I
can imagine this gets even more experimental when the product is driven
by an open source community.

Rens has already contacted me and asked me to hook into the neos irc
channel. I would be really interested to see what has been done so far
in Neos and to find out what I could contribute to this topic. I'm
really delighted of BDD!

--
cheers,
Steffen