[Neos] WCM in 2017

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jun 7 17:57:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 6-6-2013 11:26, Rasmus Skjoldan wrote:
> into a kind of status of TYPO3. It concerns both CMS and Neos, but very
> much relates to the high-level discussion of this thread.

I read a few things from you article:
- we have a developer-oriented community. To me that means that other
talents we desperately need (vision, ux, design, marketing, ...) are
somehow not active in the community. This is a shame and we somehow need
to activate these talents... (but how?)

- editing needs to work on more devices. Both for Neos and TYPO3 CMS
this is a technical challenge. For Neos because it uses a form of
frontend editing and small devices might only show part of the content.
For TYPO3 CMS it's a challenge because of the current structure of the
backend. For both products a concept needs to be made how editing can
work on a wide range of devices

- the lack of a body with vision for the future, for a roadmap, is now
filled by "CMS Team" (for TYPO3 CMS), but this is still a
developer-based group. Obviously this has to be a group with a wider
range of talents

- from other responses it seems that exchanging information is an
important feature for the future. As we have an active group of
developers this shouldn't be a huge problem. The hardest part is to
figure out the features this must have and the standards (if any) it
needs to support. For this we desperately need the inactive talents.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!