[Neos] [RFC] Node Context Refactoring

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Thu Jun 6 10:12:52 CEST 2013

Hi all,

the thing is done:

https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+topic:context-cleanup,n,z

There is a lot of room for improvements in the tests but I have one
additional idea I would like to discuss.

Currently the Context has a "currentNode". But as the context isn't as
easily accessible as before (getting a NodeRepository injected was easy,
now you would need a ContextualizedNode from somewhere) this currentNode
is almost nowhere used by now. Only place is the TypoScript
MenuImplementation. Still I think there needs to be a way to determine
the "page" we are currently rendering. I just think this should move
into a different place, so that's what I would like to have comments
for. We could store it as "currentDocument" in the TypoScript context or
place it into a singleton like the NodeService or NodeSearchService
(btw. should we refactor the two into one Service maybe?), wdyt? I don't
really see the worth of having it in the context and somehow it feels
wrong to me, why should the context know about any nodes.

Cheers,
Christian