[Neos] [Flow] [WORKAROUND] for Composer Dependency Management errors in conjunction with Flow / Neos

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Jul 23 17:42:42 CEST 2013

[Cross-Post: if you like to answer, please do so in the "flow" mailing
list].

Hello everybody,

if you run composer install or update to install a fresh flow/neos
instance, composer in some cases installs composer/installers AFTER
typo3/flow -- leading to extremely weird errors.

We finally pushed a pull request [1] to Composer. While it does not fix
the root cause, it prevents the error from happening.

You can find a patched pre-built composer.phar which includes the bugfix at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/typo3flow/files/patched-1147-composer.phar/download

Hopefully this eases the pain for us, and it should fix the #1
deployment error we've experienced...

Please also help us in voting for the bug at [1]/[2], so we get that
soon fixed in composer itself.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/composer/composer/pull/2107