[Neos] Transform Root Node in Shortcut

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Mon Dec 23 22:33:50 CET 2013

Hey Patric

Currently this is not supported in the user interface since we didn't finish it in time for the 1.0 release. However it is close to and will definitely be in the next version.

The alternative currently is either to it manually in the database changing it from TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:Page to TYPO3.Neos:Shortcut. This is done in the typo3_typo3cr_domain_model_nodedata table for the root node. Remember to either publish all unpublished changes or do it for every workspace the root node exists in.

Another alternative is to use the node migration. You can see an example here https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.Neos.git/blob/HEAD:/Migrations/TYPO3CR/Version20120921140942.yaml

What you would do is to write your own using the filters node type and node name and then the ChangeNodeType. The migration can then be run ./flow node:migrate.

Hope this is enough to get you in the right direction. Sorry it's not easier to do at this moment, but fortunately it will be.

Best regards
Aske