[Neos] Feedback Neos 1.0

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Dec 19 18:47:05 CET 2013

Patrick Bierans wrote:

Hi Patrick,

thanks for the great feedback!

> 1) At first: Thanks! Really well done. I love it!

Thank you, it's always really encouraging to read this!

> 2) I'd love to have another Node Type:
> "Symlink Node" - be able to "symlink" to another node.
> I tried to use copy but they they do not sync changes.
> Using copy on a menu node seems a bad idea. ;)

Actually the node type "TYPO3.Neos:Shortcut" is meant to behave like a
symlink and it did once.
Right now it triggers a browser redirect but it should directly point to
the target node (as it is the case in TYPO3 CMS).

IIRC Christian is already working on this!?

> 3) What are Chapters? Don't get it. ;)

Chapter is just an example of a custom document node type.
A document node can have child nodes, appears in the navigate component
and is usually directly accessible in the browser.
The default document node type is *page* but in Neos you can have all
sorts of things appearing in the tree. For example products, employees
or ...chapters of a book ;)
Take a look at the definitions in the example site package[1] for more
details.

> 4) Formatting of Text:
>  A selectbox for h1, h2, h3, pre, p is slow!
> Buttons would speed up reformatting text a lot!
> Or are there shortcuts? If so add tooltips.

Good point.. The aloha shortcuts [2] work by default

HTH

[1]
https://git.typo3.org/Packages/NeosDemoTypo3Org.git/blob/HEAD:/Configuration/NodeTypes.yaml#l124

--