[Neos] Migrations: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Dec 19 11:19:36 CET 2013

Christian Müller wrote:

Hi Christian,

> I now got the info from two persons that the migrations of Neos didn't
> work for them and stopped with the error
> "Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes". [...]

> Now for this specific index I really would suggest we remove it from the
> migrations, as currently it is created and removed again. It wouldn't be
> breaking in any case. Even if you are on Version20131129110302 it just
> means you have an unnecessary index that you should drop. What do you
> think?

+1 that's what I also suggested in a thread some days ago[1]. But we
need to make sure that the DROP statement is only executed if the index
exists (there is no "IF EXISTS" modifier for indexes unfortunately)

> I got another report [...]
> This normally isn't a problem unless the charset is utf8mb4

Do you know whether the Setup tool warns you if you choose a DB with
utf8mb4 charset?

[1] http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=msg&th=200717&goto=700840&#msg_700840

--
Bastian Waidelich