[Neos] NEOS 1.0 Feedback

Dominic Garms djgarms at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:11:36 CET 2013

On 12/16/2013 02:51 AM, Holger Sachse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Congratulation for your NEOS 1.0 release. From my own product
> development experience, I know what you have achieved up to now.
> After two days working with the release, I have found some strange
> behavior of the backend, which I cannot understand:
> 1.    The display of the content tree does not show up every time I
> start the backend. Only the home page will be displayed.
> 2.    Using the "in-place" mode sometimes does not render the page
> correctly, showing the menu in one line per entry each and not showing
> header and text content.
> 3.    Choosing another entry in the page tree does not show up every
> time the corresponding content but stays with the last entry.
> 4.    Changing the format of (multiple) header lines works only once.
> Any other line does not accept the format on the same page and any other
> one. Sometimes after publishing, it may work, but I cannot reproduce it.
> 5.    How does the carousel work? After adding one I see only that there
> is one which shows up as content collection and I do not see any chance
> to add figures. If I repeat it the same behavior and looking to the code
> I find two entries. What to do?
> My environment: NOES demo site hosted by Mittwald, Win 8.1 latest
> Internet Explorer version.
> Kind regards
>
> Holger

Hello,

I have almost the same behavior on my first setup. Additionally some
content elements stays "untitled". It seems to happen if the content
element is inside of a custom content collection. If I drag the element
out then it updates its title, if I drag it back into the content
collection it seems to be fine.

What is also confusing is working with content elements which having a
content collection as child. If I select the content collection of this
element and try to add an element inside, the element most likely is
getting added on the same rootline like the collection itself instead of
adding the element inside (as child of the collection). This requires
many drag'n drop actions after content creation.

And same as Holger I have inconsistencies with the show-up of the
current element sidebar option area. Sometimes I have the sidebar with
editing options of the content element, sometimes not - which is very
annoying because its impossible changing content behaviour afterwards.

Regards,
Dominic