[Neos] Feedback Neos 1.0

Patrick Bierans patrick at bierans.de
Fri Dec 13 11:44:55 CET 2013

Hi All!

I am used to Typo3 4.6/4.7 and have been programming some extensions and stuff.
Seeing how easy and clean Neos is was stunning. I will have to get used to some
things.

Feedback after 30 minutes playing with a demo installation on lauchr:

1)
At first: Thanks! Really well done. I love it!

2)
I'd love to have another Node Type:
"Symlink Node" - be able to "symlink" to another node.
I tried to use copy but they they do not sync changes.
Using copy on a menu node seems a bad idea. ;)

3)
What are Chapters? Don't get it. ;)

4)
Formatting of Text:
        A selectbox for h1, h2, h3, pre, p is slow!
                Buttons would speed up reformatting text a lot!
                Or are there shortcuts? If so add tooltips.

        "format cleaning" button:
                remove formatting of highlighted text

        "space cleaning" button:
                remove multiple spaces, multiple newlines,
                &nbsp; and space cocktails, empty <p>

        "bulletlist cleaning" button:
                At the beginning of a <li>
                remove all characters common to be used as ascii-bullets.

Overall an amazing performance you did. :D

CU,
P.