[Neos] Neos on hosted web servers

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 12 14:29:08 CET 2013

Hi,

On 12-12-2013 12:34, Kasper Brødsgaard wrote:
> Thank you for the answar, I have downloaded the Neos packed an uploaded
> it to my web host
> but as i can understand you should use a terminal when you a installing
> it, or am i missing something?
> I am looking in this site for installation instruction
>
> http://neos.typo3.org/download.html
>
> when you have the old typo3 site you should only upload the files an
> then follow to 1-2-3 installations guide
> but it seems a little bit more compleks with Typo3 Neos

The "complex instructions" are for building Neos from the command line
and setting up a site in Apache. If you don't need that because you
uploaded the package to your hosting you can continue with the step

"Go to http://neos.demo/setup and follow the on-screen instructions!"
Of course you should replace "neos.demo" with the URL of your hosting.

This will bring you in a setup which can be compared with the 1-2-3
installer from TYPO3 CMS you are used too (it's a lot simpler installer
because it can detect a lot more settings by itself).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!