[Neos] Possible to install on Windows without open_ssl?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 11 09:21:18 CET 2013

Hi,

On 10-12-2013 10:39, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Thank you for answering. Matthias Schreiber pointed me to an issue about
> a discrepancy between the OpenSSL versions in Apache and PHP in the
> XAMPP version I am/was using. It seems to be solved in XAMPP 1.8.2
> (1.8.3 includes PHP 5.5.6 which contains a bug that gives problems with
> TYPO3 CMS 6.2). Unfortunately there is no upgrade package so I'm
> re-installing all my dev environments with 1.8.2.
>
> Hopefully that will solve the OpenSSL issues and perhaps the rest of the
> installer will run too.

After manually moving all dev sites to the xampp 1.8.2 installation the
TYPO3 CMS sites all were working correctly, including the OpenSSL stuff
for saltedpasswords/rsaauth. After the launch of Neos 1.0 I tried to set
that up.
Installation instructions from the download page worked fine in Git
Bash. The Setup ran fine until the point of importing the demo site.

I made a forge issue from the exception that was thrown while processing
an image: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/54321

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor