[Neos] Re: Exception during setup of Beta2

Nick Poaros nick at jamalade.com
Fri Dec 6 13:34:23 CET 2013

Hi Bastain (and all)

Ok have tried with both collations utf8_unicode_ci and utf8_general_ci makes no odds still has the error.

The problem is creating the index in the migration for TYPO3.TYPO3CR this is ;

$this->addSql("CREATE INDEX path_workspace ON typo3_typo3cr_domain_model_nodedata (path, workspace)");

It seems path is a VARCHAR(4000) and workspace is VARCHAR(255)

Now I am using InnoDB tables not MyISAM (there are arguments as to which is better but I don't want to go there)

Anyways with InnoDB the max index size is 767 bytes, which is going to be well blown by the above.

however the above can be run with for example
$this->addSql("CREATE INDEX path_workspace ON typo3_typo3cr_domain_model_nodedata (path(255), workspace(255))");

I am not quite sure how actual sizes are calculated by the db.

Now is it ok to run it like this, is the index required? As I don't really want to switch to MyISAM

Nick