[Neos] Exception during setup of Beta2

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Dec 6 13:03:28 CET 2013

Nick Poaros wrote:

Hi Nick,

> I have changed database collation to utf8 .
> Unfortunately I still get the same exception:

UTF-8 should work (for me even latin works). But to make sure: could you
try utf8_unicode_ci rather then utf8_general_ci?

> Anything else I could try?

In case you haven't done so, make sure to clear all the caches (in
Data/Temporary).

If that doesn't work you could try to create an empty DB
(utf8_unicode_ci) and install beta2 from scratch as described here:
http://neos.typo3.org/download.html and then import your site (if you
already had one).

If even that fails, there's a severe bug (apart from the fact that the
setup should probably force the right collation).
In case you have git-knowledge you could try to apply
https://review.typo3.org/25974 - that change removes the index in question..

HTH,

--
Bastian Waidelich