[Neos] Terminology: Hide vs. Show

Mathias Schreiber mathias at typo3.org
Wed Dec 4 08:27:15 CET 2013

Marli Mesibov schrieb:
> Interesting - I've never seen a CMS use "hide" as an option that meant
> anything other than "unpublish." How frequently do we find users are
> hiding pages? What are the use cases?

With Neos' publishing in place I think in Neos we will find this not
that often.
In TYPO3 CMS there are still people hiding pages, editing the content
and previewing them from the backend - which will make these pages
available for them while they are logged into the backend.

Apart from that: Removing pages/nodes from the navigation is rather
common (I just did a test on some of our installs and pages removed from
the nav is around 25%).

--
Mattes - This time I come in peace