[Neos] Event when Neos reloads content

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Tue Aug 27 09:01:18 CEST 2013

Jan-Erik Revsbech wrote:

>> Jan-Erik Revsbech <mailto:janerik at moc.net>
>> August 26, 2013 8:40 PM
>>

>> I just made a small test and there is no problem with triggering
>> events with something like
>>
>> $(document).trigger('T3.Neos.Event.PageLoaded');
>>
> Actually it did not work like this, but only with
> jQuery(document).trigger('T3.Neos.Event.PageLoaded'); so I guess the
> communication between the encapsulated jQuery and the site jQuery
> provides some challenges. Will have to look into that.

Mmmm, seems so, normally I would expect an event to be an event. But
then you probably used your outside jQuery to bind the event. That
wouldn't work for sites without jQuery. Maybe plain JS could be used?

>> and then listeting for this events from the Site JS.
>>
>> What is the preferred naming of the event names? Then I'll create a
>> patch for this.

We want to get rid of the T3 eventually but I think the rest sounds just
fine. So something like 'Neos.Event.PageLoaded'. Thank you for taking care!