[Neos] [Team] Releasing

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Tue Aug 6 22:37:22 CEST 2013

Hey team

I've spent quite some time in order to get the release of alpha 5 in order, but the path should now be paved for easily releasing additional alpha/beta/rc.

I've created a document on forge, because the Wiki was filled with old stuff and it might make sense to have general documents there anyway..

http://forge.typo3.org/documents/210

The process depends on a release script, which I got from Karsten and have improved for ease of usage..
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/22811/

Karsten has set up a new Gerrit group / project called Neos which all of our packages inherit rights from so it's now possible for non-project leaders to create releases.

The release script has not yet been tested with branching, but we'll get that sorted when releasing 1.0

Thanks to all the people who helped out with the release, by reviewing etc. and especially thanks to Sebastian and Karsten who made releasing possible.

Best regards
Aske