[TYPO3-50-general] Adding PHPCR to NEOS

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 9 15:01:11 CEST 2012

Hi Chris,

On 09.10.2012, at 14:39, Chris Zepernick (SwiftLizard) <chris at swift-lizard.com> wrote:

> just started the discussion on Twitter about this topic.
> Basicly it might make sense to drop TYPO3CR for PHPCR and parts of symfony2-CMF, especially now that TYPO3 Flow is composer compatible.
>
> What do you think?
> Pros and Cons please,..

my position (in short and in general):

- great if we can use phpcr
- doesn't have top priority for the core team because first we should concentrate on getting 1.0 out of the door
- we support anyone taking initiative on this matter (well, you … ;-)
- implementation must have roughly the same feature set we have now, most importantly: personal workspaces with copy-on-write
- we must always be able to provide a PHP-only implementation with at least the current feature set
- Jackrabbit (or Oak) must, if used, be drop in replacements for the key feature set we declare for Neos

So, what we'd need is a plan for what needs to be done and what implications it has for our current codebase.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com/blog
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org