[TYPO3-50-general] Best practice: Creating Neos plugins with required arguments

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Nov 5 12:17:20 CET 2012

Hey there.

We have a shop page running on FLOW3 version ~1.0.
We integrated it into the TYPO3.TYPO3 package related to the FLOW3 version back then.

The task to migrate it to TYPO3.Flow with current TYPO3.Neos is kind of difficult. So I want to describe my current problem and ask for some best practice advices.

Think about orderController::checkoutAction that takes an order object as a required property.
Our work flow requires this argument because customers can have different  orders at the same time and pay/buy only one of them.

We want to achieve as much editorial flexibility as possible. So we decided to have a small view for this action that only contains the checkout stuff and add regular text content elements right above and below in the page output.
The problem pops up when it comes to Neos backend editing stuff: The “checkout plugin” only appears as an exception (which tracks back to an “required argument missing” when being followed through log files).
Here node editing handlers such as “create new after” or plugin property attribute are completely missing. I even can not delete this plugin from a page because there is no delete button.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt