[TYPO3-50-general] TDD book recommendation

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Mar 20 17:28:21 CET 2011

Hi!

Kent Beck's TDD book left me a bit unsatisfied, so I thought for another book an on that topic. I
found "Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests" by Steveb Freeman and Nat Pryce. It covers
a more aspects and pushes the developing cycle towards specifications. They advise you to write an
acceptance test before you start coding on a new feature and then apply TDD to implement it.

At the core it's "only" another book about TDD, but to me it was more convincing to really adopt TDD.

Masi

PS: They add one item to the TDD cycle: "make the diagnostics clear", ie clean up your tests so that
the names of the tests and all assertions make sense.