[TYPO3-50-general] Typo3 Phoenix Page categorization: extending Node and Aloha editor

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:47:43 CEST 2011

Hey Sebastian,
thanks a lot for the reply!

I'm totally aware that t3Phoenix is miles away from being even alpha,
but I still want to use this simple project to get into concepts of
Phoenix. So I'm not afraid of things being dangerous or difficult:)

I started digging into the idea of TYPO3CR and it has totally blown me
away! However I have a million of questions) For example, why is there a
need for contenttype field? Is it not duplicating the idea of
contentobjectproxy?
I'm trying to grasp this idea of mapping model objects onto nodes. Do I
understand correctly, that it's something like thinking about website
content in terms of DDD? Or not?
Suppose I create the model from my example (Person, Category objects).
Then should I just create single and list views in my plugin, put plugin
instances into some nodes and be done with it? This way it's all clear,
it's the old approach, which we have always used in TYPO3v4, but content
model looks really weak this way, as it becomes isolated from domain model.
Back in the days, the content (pages,tt_content) and plugins(i.e.
tt_news) was practically the same thing. One could blend these things
together, extend, render from TS, php plugin and so on. There was no
confusion, just tables... Now everyone got used to DDD, but here is
something very different.
In plain words it's this: persistence level of flow3 seem to overlap
with typo3cr, and it's not clear what to use and if using both, how
should they be blended together...
Sorry for not being able to describe things clearly, but I hope you
still get my confusion.

And about the practical side of things, if I create my own plugin with
custom model, will it be hard to allow content editing via typo3 backend?

Are there things to read on this subject?

Regards,
Dmitri.

But I have some