[TYPO3-50-general] 404 for backend login

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Tue Jan 4 20:09:22 CET 2011

Ok, I tried it with a default Ubuntu server 10.10 just doing the steps
you described and the problem is, that by default the apache mod_rewrite
is not enabled, which does the url magic. You need this for everything
to work properly. To activate:

cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load rewrite.load

And finally change the AllowOverride directive in the directory parts of
your apache host config to at least FileInfo instead of none so that
apache reads .htaccess files.

Christian