[TYPO3-50-general] 404 for backend login

Zoran Zaric lists at zoranzaric.de
Sun Jan 2 16:07:50 CET 2011

Hi,

there was a thread about this problem in december [1] but i wasn't
subscribed to the list then, so I have to link to the archive.

I'm faced with the same problem.  I have a clean Phoenix install and the
urls without index.php in them don't work for the backend.

To be clear:

    http://example.com/typo3/login

doesn't work

    http://example.com/index.php/typo3/login

does work.

If I add index.php to the url I can login, but the page that is
displayed in the lower segment (
/typo3/service/rest/v1/node/user-zz/sites/phoenixdemotypo3org/homepage.html
) get's a 404 .

I saw this problem both on my desktop's arch linux install and a fresh
Ubuntu Server 10.10 install I provisioned for a test on Amazon's EC2.

If anybody wants to reproduce the problem:

* launch a instance with the AMI ami-339ca947

* aptitude update

* aptitude install git-core apache2 php5 php-pear php5-sqlite

* git clone --recursive
git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v5/Distributions/Base.git . into /var/www

* point the docuemnt root for the default vhost to /var/www/Web

I also had to deactivate the Testing package using PackageStates.yaml,
because of an error that i had fixed on another maschine by installing
pear.  Here it didn't work, but deactivating Testing worked for now.

If you guys think this is a bug I'll be happy to file one in the issue
tracker.

Thanks,
Zoran

[1]