[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Validation Refactoring

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Sep 16 10:48:24 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I just want to add a little note to 1) because it seems quite radical to
remove the TextValidator as default.
I don't like the current TextValidator, because:

- the name is misleading, it does not imply that the validator does not
allow HTML characters.

- a secure default is great. But who knows what is secure in the current
context.. E.g. a string might be free of XSS code but contain a SQL
injection (I know that hopefully won't work for FLOW3CR, but you get the
point). IMO the "endpoint" should make sure, that the string is properly
escaped.

Bastian