[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 21 11:42:26 CEST 2009

Robert Lemke schrieb:

> So, what signs could we use?

More options:

k) <f:image title="{post.title, f:format.crop(maxChars: 30)}" />
l) <f:image title="{post.title >> f:format.crop(maxChars: 30)}" />
m) <f:image title="{post.title ~> f:format.crop(maxChars: 30)}" />
n) <f:image title="{post.title |> f:format.crop(maxChars: 30)}" />

> Hmm. If I was to decide it right now I'd select in the following order:
>
> g), b), e)
>
> I currently don't like a) very much because it has too much the notion
> of being a method of the object instead of a processor to the property.

Fine to see that we have the same opinion :)

g) would resemble the TS2 processors, but as the angles point to the left this is IMHO confusing.
The data flows from left to right. But it's confusing for me also in TS2 ;)

My favourite is b) even if it has no "direction". And if it had, it should point to the right, not
the left. n) is a nice variant of that. The pipe and the gt. form a triangle pointing rightwards.

Masi