[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Oct 20 14:45:25 CEST 2009

Hey,

> But, that's what I'd expect anyways.. It would be similar if crop() and
> nl2br would be methods of the object:
Great :-) I feel the same (and I also feel that -> is better than |)

I just wanted to give some alternative possibilities and see if some
people like it more. But as I see it now, we can use ->.

What do you think - beta2 is released tomorrow I think, should we still
include it?

I'd propose *yes*, so people can test it quicker, and there is less time
that the old syntax will be used. If there are still bugs in there
(which is surely possible) we will detect them more quickly.

Greets,
Sebastian