[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Oct 19 14:31:21 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

On 19.10.2009 10:55 Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> I'd propose quite a radical change to this syntax, as outlined in:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/5033

No need to hurry. Why not just remove the old shorthand syntax in 4.3
and postpone the new shorthand syntax until 4.4?

I guess there will be much more feedback and valuable ideas if the
community could first collect experiences with fluid in production
environments (using 4.3) and then discuss the shorthand syntax for 4.4.

It would allow you to create a shorthand syntax on a broader basis and
lower the risk of yet unknown design flaws which hide in hurried work.
4.3-beta2 is proposed to be released this week, so time is getting even
shorter.

When we discussed the shorthand syntax on the bugsquashing evening at
T3DD09, there was a lot of confusion, because the topic was not easy to
understand. So my impression was that people need practice with fluid to
be able to contribute to its development.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/