[TYPO3-50-general] 403 Forbidden with flow3

Abraham Block atblock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:01:02 CET 2009

var/sites i know can't be the problem because i have other virtual hosts
working beneath that.
Same with /var/sites/flow3...it has the same permissions and owners as the
other subdirectories (drwxr-xr-x  ablock ablock)
/var/sites/flow3/flow3 has similar permissions (drwxrwsr-- ablock ablock)
/var/sites/flow3/flow3/Web, on the other hand, had (drwxrws---  www-data
www-data). I changed this so that everybody has read permissions (chmod
a+r), even though I would think that just having www-data have permissions
would be enough, but still no change.
As a test, I made a directory Public with a file test in each of those
subdirectories, and then pointed the vhost at that directory
var/sites/flow3/flow3/Public: did not work
var/sites/flow3/Public: this did work

So now var/sites/flow3/Public and var/sites/flow3/flow3 have the same
permissions, so i pointed the vhost at var/sites/flow3/flow3, and this did
not work! Even though they have the _same_ permissions!

I'm starting to run out of ideas here....