[TYPO3-50-general] CGL discussions (misced topics)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 29 14:15:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>> One more topic to add to the CGL discussions:
>>
>> Is there already a definition on how to write abbreviations in curlyCaps?
>>
>> So, should it be:
>>  OpenSSLRSAKey or OpenSslRsaKey
>>  XMLParser     or XmlParser?
>>  HTMLToXHTMLConverter or HtmlToXhtmlConverter
>>
>> I personally prefer the strong enforcement of curlyCaps even in
>> abbreviations, but (either way) it should be defined in the CGL.
>>

> i like the curlyCaps but concatenated this way
> OpenSSLRSAkey
> XMLparser
> HTMLtoXHTMLconverter

I read somewhere that abbreviations up to 2 letters should be upper-case
but starting from 3, they should be in camelCase. Meaning

OpenSslRsaKey
XmlParser
HtmlToXhtmlConverter

and personnally I find it extremely more readable than with many
upper-case letters.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en