[TYPO3-50-general] Last minute concept fix? Incosistent class naming for domain models ...

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Thu May 28 18:17:46 CEST 2009

>>> In case of clean namespaces this looks really good to me. But we will
>>> get a lot of folders containing only one or two classes, do we really
>>> want that?
>>
>> I see no downside (assuming we'll have a kickstarter soon). To me this
>> looks very clean.
>
> The only downside I see currently is that you need to understand the
> concepts of Aggregates in order to structure it correctly.
>
> OTOH it's no problem if you create a flat structure - technically at
> least.
>
> Although I didn't expect it, this one is currently my favourite.

I'm not very familiar to DDD yet, but as far as i remember it is about
writing code, that the customer understands too, even, if he has no IT
Background.
With that in mind, i like the ide of separating the repository and the
model.
If I imagine to show the above structure to a customer - maybe asking, if
the model is complete, i would have to explane, what a repository is, why
the comment and the tag is in the post etc.... while with robert's first
idea, i'd just open the folder model and keep the folders repository etc.
closed. With this structure i would have to say "ingore the ...Repository
and ignore the ...Service". This is pretty hard for not-programmers.

Just an impression...

greets,

Irene