[TYPO3-50-general] Last minute concept fix? Incosistent class naming for domain models ...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu May 28 10:19:11 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

(please answer in typo3-project-5_0-general)

while writing a little app based on FLOW3 I once more realized that
our conventions for the naming of the model and repository classes are
not consistent. Our names currently look like these:

\F3\Blog\Domain\Model\Blog
\F3\Blog\Domain\Model\BlogRepository
\F3\Blog\Domain\Service\BlubbService
\F3\Blog\Domain\Model\BlogValidator

you see?

The consistent alternative would be something like:

\F3\Blog\Domain\Model\BlogModel
\F3\Blog\Domain\Repository\BlogRepository
\F3\Blog\Domain\Service\BlubbService
\F3\Blog\Domain\Validation\BlogValidator

Should we implement that for FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 1? Changing it later
would cause some trouble I guess, especially for Extbase.

Cheers,
robert