[TYPO3-50-general] Extbase directory structure

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat May 16 12:21:50 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Hi Xavier,

> 2) For the moment the directory structure for Extbase reflects needs in
> FE. [...] Should I mix them up in Classes/Controller or
> should I do something like this:
>
> |-- Classes
> |   |-- Controller
> |   |   |-- Backend
> |   |   `-- Frontend

In this case "Backend" and "Frontend" would be _subpackages_ of your
main package. But the order of the folders is the other way around by
default in FLOW3:

-- Clases
    |--Backend
    |  |-- Controller
    |  |-- View
    |  |-- ...
    |--Frontend
    |  |-- Controller

As Karsten wrote, the TYPO3CR package makes use of subpackages:
https://svn.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3CR/trunk/Classes/

But ExtBase does not support the notion of "Sub Extension Names" yet.
Though it would make sense to add that IMO. Would you be so kind to open
up a ticket for that at http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/issues

Thanks in advance,
Bastian