[TYPO3-50-general] Routing not working anymore

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:45:42 CET 2009

Hi,

I wanted you to inform that the routing throws an error. When i try to open
any URI with a path part (http://flow3.local/testing) i am getting the
error:

*Warning*: Unknown: Filename cannot be empty in *Unknown* on line *0*

*Fatal error*: Unknown: Failed opening required ''
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:usr/share/php') in *Unknown* on line *0*

Well i know thats not really a helpful message. ;-)
I have set 'cgi.fix_pathinfo=1' but the problem exists anyway. If i set it
to '0' then i get the error "No input file specified".
But i know that the problem is because of mod_rewrite and the PHP as CGI
(mod_fcgid).
The requests in FLOW3 gets redirected by this line in .htacess: 'RewriteRule
(.*) index.php*/$1*'
You could change this to 'RewriteRule (.*) index.php'. You then should get
the Routing Information from REQUEST_URI Server variable. I know the Zend
Framework also does it this way.

Best regards

Tom