[TYPO3-50-general] Evaluating FLOW3 for a new project

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Mar 18 10:35:31 CET 2009

Hi Xavier.

On 17.03.2009 11:21 Uhr, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Lucene itself is good, the implementation from Zend is bad.

Agreed, but it's the only PHP-only Lucene port around. And we need
something in plain PHP at least as a basic solution. Imagine indexed
search ran only with Java, Lucene and Solr installed on your host...

> But did you reinvent the wheel for indexing/searching? Or did you
 > base your 2-days work on some good-working libraries?

Own wheel, reinvented. Do you have any pointers to a good library you
think we should/could use?

Regards,
Karsten